Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Riding the Garage Door

A friend reminded me of something that I has forgotten about and never want to forget. When Rezin was about two-ish (we hadn't lived in Ga very long) he had a very scary encounter with our garage door. When I say scary I mean REALLY scary for me and fun and exciting for the boys. I was upstairs and I heard the garage door opening. Something in me said run, something is not right. So I ran downstairs to find that Cole had pushed the button to open the garage and Rezin was riding it all the way up. He was holding on and his feet were dangling and my heart dropped. I couldn't get to him fast enough. It was one of those times where you are running but not getting anywhere. He let go and dropped to the ground but, he was fine.
He must have been just two or younger because he broke his leg at 12-13 months and all I could think was that he was going to re-brake it.
Then I thought of trying to explain to the ER doctor how my child had broken his leg twice at such a young age!!!

No comments: