Friday, February 6, 2009

Boys with Guns!!!

I have mixed emotions about the boys and guns. On one hand I love how proud they are of themselves when they are using the guns safely.
Like this picture makes me melt a little. If you could only see the look on his face. But then you wouldn't get to see this picture from behind.
Dan does an awesome job teaching them how to use the guns safely and how to respect the guns. They are 4 & 6 so we still have to be ever so vigilent.
Moses even loves the sound of the guns and pretends to shot people as we walk through Wal-Mart and @ church. So glad we live in the south now. I just can't see that going over so well in California.
Rezin gets really excited when he shots. He feeds off of the power of the gun and the noise. He really likes to shot the .22 and the shotgun. Moses just hangs out and enjoys the ride. It will be hard when he no longer fits in the backpack. He has to be contained at all times when the guns are out, for obvious reasons.
The other side of my mixed emotion is that they are 4 & 6 years old and my 21 month old pretends to shot people. Teaching preschool and going to college in CA, I would have assumed that these kids where exposed to violent movies or video games or something else violent. The kids at the preschool were not aloud to talk about guns, pretend guns, or anything of the sorts with guns.

What kind of parents would have a 21 month old who pretends to shot innocent paser byers (are those legit words?) at church for goodness sake? Well the kind of kid that grows up in the country with a dad that hunts and animals that we have to protect. They don't watch violent movies or play violent video games. Well, they did see one of Dan's war games on the PSP but that was brief and all this started way before.
So I am glad to say that this side of my mixed emotion is the one that I have to put in its place. And I am glad that they are learning the right way to handle guns. Dan and I believe that if guns are in our home the kids better know how to use them!!
Anyway , I'm done with my gun talk. The kids are stinkin cute with the guns though!!!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Jonny's so stoked to see these pictures! He also loves the ones of Cole with the goats. Just thought I'd comment for him : )